Thursday, April 14, 2011

1973 - A good year!

I snapped this photo with my digital camera on the Western Washington University campus in Bellingham, WA ...! No Kodachrome film needed. :)


1973 –
I'm just sitting here thinking about the day/year I was born …

Two of my favorite hits from 1973 -

Kodachrome by Paul Simon
This song makes me think all the world’s a sunny day, oh yeah

My Love by Paul McCartney and Wings
… wo-wo-wo-wo-wo-wo, my love does it good

A few prices in 1973 -
Average Cost of new house $32,500.00
Average Income per year $12,900.00
Average Monthly Rent $175.00
Cost of a gallon of Gas 40 cents
AMC Javelin car $2,900.00
A Dozen Eggs 45 cents

Technology -Skylab, the United States' first space station, is launched, Concorde cuts flying time across the Atlantic in half flying at average speed of 954 mph and the Sears Tower opened in Chicago.

Amazing how things change … And as time goes by – I find myself appreciating each day even more – and the good deals and songs of days long gone!

PS: Slow down to live, love, laugh and LEARN - and take lots of photos because all the world is a sunny day!! :) wo-wo-wo-wo-wo-wo.

No comments: