Friday, January 30, 2009

Ohhh la la! Look what I found ...

Check out that cup ... beautiful huh?
There's more up in the very top of this kitchen cupboard :)

*********
CUP Commentary -

Long story short, my Mother and Father-in law went on a mission for the LDS church (They left the end of October of last year). My husband and I sold our home and they asked us to house sit for them while they would be gone - too fun! So, we sold most of our stuff and put a few things into storage. I am using all of the items already in this house - including the kitchen.

Last night, we made orange julius (yummy) and wanted to sip up the liquid sunshine from something 'out of the usual' ... So I started hunting around and TA-DAH found these very sassy, savvy cups. They were pefect for the orange juice occasion!

Don't you love the green color of the kitchen? This house is so colorful, charming and full of LIFE. I don't think I'll ever be able to live with white walls again.

PS: I'll fill you in later on the details of their mission. It's amazing what they are doing and where they are!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I came across your blog...and I like it!
I also like the cups. Cheers!
Hope you don't mind, but I am now a follower...

Wendy Christensen said...

J marie - Welcome! Thanks for joining the fun :) I love meeting new blogging buddies ...

Shaela said...

what a FUN find! :)

Jennie Stanfield said...

Fun cups!

Alyson | New England Living said...

I love that cup! I'm with you about white walls. Can't live with those anymore either.

Wendy Christensen said...

You know what's great about the cup and all these things we share on our blogs? The fact that we CAN find joy it the little moments and little things that matter to us. Thanks Ladies for the visits and for sharing your thoughts and your blogs with me!!

Rach said...

So fun! Anxiously awaiting the details of your in-laws mission. So good to keep in touch in a cyber sort of way, via your blog!...

Rebecca Hickman said...

I love the green background. Maybe I should rethink all my white walls.

Mariel said...

Very cute!

www.oneshetwoshe.blogspot.com

Barbaloot said...

That is snazzy! Good thing you drank orange julius' cuz clearly those cups were made for something more than water or milk.

Wendy Christensen said...

Barbaloot - Nicely put. Yes, these sassy cups were made for the special stuff in life - like whipped up OJ!!! :)

kuhkjhkh said...

these mugs are adorable! I love them! Thanks for the comment! I read them.. i'm addicted, BUT I always speak my mind when I don't agree with what i've read!

Laura said...

That is so great that the Christensens are on a mission. Just reading about that made me miss my old stompin grounds. I grew up just a half a block down the road. I can't wait to hear all about their mission.