Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Upsetting the spider ecosystem …

Yesterday was a whirlwind! Ever had a day like that? It all started rather early and ended rather late! We had guests for dinner and I felt the need to have everything in order - inside and outside of the house! As I was rushing in with all the groceries to cook up the yummy feast, I noticed that the window well in the front of our house needed some attention. The challenge with this project was ... (drum roll) THE SPIDERS! As I started stirring up the leaves, spiders of all shapes, sizes and colors started dashing and darting everywhere! I was tearing up their ecosystem and it was pure pandemonium. Spiders and I have never been friends and this experience made me loathe them even more …. I have chills just thinking about the hairy, eight eyed creatures! {Ugh} ...

Long story short, the window well is now clean and spider free! I always get a good laugh (at myself) when I reflect on the reasons that cause me to take on the ‘tough stuff’ like spiders in the window wells or making homemade lasagna from scratch … and making sure the bathrooms sparkle.

Now that I really think about it, I think it’s safe to say
that the guests upset MY ecosystem! :)

Cheers to spiders, dinner guests and sparkling mirrors! Did we have a good time? Absolutely and the lasagna was M’M’ Garlic Italian Good!

Note to self: Don’t ever let the leaves pile that high again in the front window well.

No comments: