Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Your life doesn't just "happen" ...


You choose to go up or down ... :)
Your life doesn't just "happen." Whether you know it or not, it is carefully designed by you. The choices, after all, are yours. You choose happiness. You choose sadness. You choose decisiveness. You choose ambivalence. You choose success. You choose failure. You choose courage. You choose fear. Just remember that every moment, every situation, provides a new choice. And in doing so, it gives you a perfect opportunity to do things differently to produce more positive results.

~ Steven R. Covey, 7 Habits of Highly Effective People.

3 comments:

Shaela said...

YUP!! I completely agree. Sometimes I get get so irritated/annoyed with people when they don't accept and acknowledge that it is THEIR life and THEIR choices that make it what it is. I understand that sometimes things happen out of one's own control: a car accident, cancer, natural disaster, etc., but WE CHOOSE what our reaction to said circumstance will be. In the words of Lex de Azevedo, "I'm the one who writes my own story, I decide the person I'll be." :)

Wendy Christensen said...

Shaela, Thanks, great insight! So good to hear from you :) ... We can really begin to change our lives and our reaction to the events around us if and when we choose to claim them and CHOOSE to make them great. And in reality, we can only control two things - our thoughts and our actions. And they make all the difference! Sending hugs & love your way ... :)

NaDell said...

YES! I've always thought that and a few years ago when I was looking at the picture of Christ knocking on the door I thought of how we choose to let him in (like we always hear when we are shown that picture in seminary or a class), but I also thought that if we don't open the door to him, then we are letting Satan in. We have to choose to let Christ in or we will be overwhelmed by the vents that Satan sneaks in.