Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Random thoughts (inspired by pumpkin pie) ...



The latest issue of Better Homes and Gardens arrived in my mailbox yesterday. I had a few moments and started glancing through it – I couldn’t help but stop and immediately WANT a piece of pumpkin pie when I landed on the McCormick pie Ad and recipe. The Ad is so enticing that I decided that THIS is the pie I am going to make for Thanksgiving this year.

As I read through the recipe (conveniently included on the page), I couldn’t help but smile as I read this: For more great-tasting recipes, visit mccormick.com or call 1-800-MEAL-TIPS.

And this imaginary conversation ran through my mind:

{Thanksgiving Eve}

MEAL-TIPS Phone Worker: “Hello, thank you for calling MEAL-TIPS, how can I help you?”
Caller: “Can you help me figure out what to do for dinner tomorrow night?!”
MEAL-TIPS Phone Worker: “YOU called the right place. WE are here for you. Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and that means you’ll need some pie, a turkey and some green beans. What time zone are you in? OH, you’re fine – your local store is still open tonight and you can get everything you need. Remember to leave your turkey out so it will thaw for the BIG day tomorrow“!
Caller: “Thanks a million – this will be the best holiday ever! I’m hanging up RIGHT NOW and going to get a turkey, a pie and some green beans.”

Funny stuff … I think I might give 1-800-MEAL-TIPS a call and see what they suggest I make tonight for a party of 5.

PS: Amazing how powerful a pumpkin pie AD can be ... :)

No comments: