Tuesday, April 09, 2013

A lesson in Watercolor ...

 My attempt at watercolor painting ...

 roses with a hint of glitter ...
 Jeff (the fish) by Kaleb
 Puffy friends by Lauren
A still night ...


Every Monday night, we get together as a family for Family Home Evening. Sometimes we watch a movie, sometimes we play games and sometimes we have a lesson. I always look forward to this special time together and the gift it is to belong to a family.

Last night our oldest son, Kade, gave us a lesson on watercolor and the various techniques used with this type of painting. It was very fun and all of us had a good time learning how to get creative with water, paint, a brush and a piece of paper. One technique even uses salt ...

As my husband and I were cleaning up the watercolor mess last night ... I smiled and was so thankful (again) for the wonderful gift it is to be a MOM! I learn something new every day from our children.

Thanks Kade for the painting lesson. You inspire me to reach and try and to enjoy the beauty that is ever present in my life! :)

~ Mom

No comments: