Wednesday, March 19, 2014

If you are feeling overwhelmed, YOU are not ALONE!


Woke up today feeling a little overwhelmed. I'll spare you the 'busy' details of my life - time has taught me that some days are like this. You wake up and the to-do list is ultra long and the horizon is filled with too much to be done (it seems).

I've learned that the best thing to do (for me), is to slow down! Even a half hour can do wonders!

Here's a few things I do:

I blog. I visit Etsy or Pinterest online. I read quotes. I listen to music. I bake something. I write a thank you note or touch base with a friend. I say a prayer and ask for clarity.

Mostly, I try to do a little nurturing of my soul before I jump back into the fast pace. The slowing down moments give me just the rejuvenation I need to be my best self and accomplish the to-dos ahead.

If you're feeling overwhelmed, you're not alone. It's part of being alive! 

Give yourself permission to have a little 'time out' and before you know it, you'll be back in the day feeling ready to GO!

No comments: