Monday, October 30, 2006

Happy Halloween Eve …

I love Halloween! Why (you wonder)? I believe it has something to do with people, the costumes and the excitement of all the spooky stuff. This past weekend, my husband and I attended a very fun party. It was a potluck and everyone was to bring a pot of their favorite soup. We were also invited to bring our kids, carved pumpkins and come dressed in costumes.

Did we dress up? Oh yes! Did we bring soup? You bet! Did we carve pumpkins? Three of them! Back to the costumes …we decided to go as Mary Poppins and Bert. We encouraged the kids to go as penguins (to help complete the scene) but they had their own costume plans.

Our costumes were inspired by the Jolly Holiday adventure Mary, Bert, Jane and Michael had after jumping into the chalk art photo on the sidewalk. We were quite the hit! I found a beautiful wedding gown at our local thrift store and my Mom and I altered it to be the perfect Mary Poppins dress. I enjoyed the little girls who oohed and awed over having Mary and Bert at the party and now have a little idea of how the people at Disney World or Land must feel like playing the part of famous on-screen personalities. I’ll have to brush up on my Mary Poppins signature. (An umbrella will definitely be part of it!)

All in all, it was a great night. We’re looking forward to a little trick-or-treating tomorrow (with the kids). Can you hear that? It’s a song … (sing along if you want) …

“It’s a jolly holiday with Mary …”

PS – Happy Halloween!

This little moment matters –
Be creative and wear a costume this Halloween! Come on, you’re not too old, or too mature or too sophisticated. Trust me, put on the costume and enjoy Halloween 2006.
You won’t be sorry… Be safe, have fun and cheers to the holidays that add magic to our lives!

1 comment:

Kami said...

I wasn't too sophisticated to dress up, I was just too LAME. Actually too busy with Andy's birthday that day and a ton of preparation. I had a 20's get-up I could have worn but as always, Halloween evening turned out to be below 30 degrees so whatever I thought I was going to be went out the window. Maybe next year I can think up something that will require a lot of insulation! Love your outfits!