Monday, October 23, 2006



Bumping into inspiration …

Have you ever just been minding your own business and bumped into something or someone that inspired you? This happens to me every now and again (and I love it).

Earlier this year, I was in the Seattle airport and had two hours before my connecting flight. It was late and I was returning from the East Coast and the time difference was really throwing me off. Honestly, I didn’t know how I was going to stay awake!

I decided that I’d better keep myself busy by visiting all the gift shops at the airport. At one particular gift shop, I decided to pass the time reading their greeting cards. I fell in love with the quote on the front of one (and bought it)…

This is what it said …

Walk in the rain,
Smell flowers,
Stop along the way,
Build sandcastles,
Go on field trips,
Find out how things work,
Tell stories,
Say the magic words,
Trust the universe.

- Bruce Williamson

The saying just really grabbed my attention and made me smile. I sat down in the airport and had a good ‘thinking session’ about the inspiring message …And agreed completely with every word!

The universe stepped up and helped me enjoy that little moment!
Cheers to field trips, sandcastles and adventures in the airport!

Do you have an inspiring quote or message that has helped you along your journey?
Please feel free to share it …







No comments: