Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Running.



Glance back -

Pictured above is my letterman jacket from high school. I graduated in 1991 so my high school days have been over for some time!

I was surprised today to find a tweet from my cousin who posted up a picture of himself in a Bomber sweatshirt and the words: Bomber Wednesday.

I was a Richland Bomber and ran for the school as a member of the cross country and track teams. His little Bomber tweet helped me glance back for a moment and remember some really great memories.

In fact, it inspired me to pull out my jacket. I put it on and was immediately transported to years long gone and races long over. (Happy to say it still fits!)

One of my favorite John Denver songs is ... "This Old Guitar"

It goes:
This old guitar taught me to sing a love song
It showed me how to laugh and how to cry
It introduced me to some friends of mine
And brightened up some days
It helped me make it through some lonely nights
Oh, what a friend to have on a cold and lonely night

And so on ... I feel the same sentiments towards this old letterman jacket of mine as it serves as a reminder of days in my life that were filled with a lot of growing and becoming.

Thanks for the tweet, Ty.

It is indeed a Bomber kind of day!

Run on -

No comments: