Monday, September 28, 2015

Cinderella - Why do we love this story?


My daughter and I recently watched the latest 'Cinderella' movie together.

This story has been made so many times into a movie. I think it's safe to say that the entire world knows the entire plot.

Yet, we still want to see it. Why?

I decided it's because the world never gets tired of a love story - no matter how many times it's been told.

Cinderella - It's about a girl finding joy in the midst of a yucky situation and then having one magic night in a pretty dress with glass shoes and dancing with a Prince.

He then must find her and marry her. (I think that's the part that makes us all swoon) ...

Don't all girls dream of finding their own 'prince charming' who will seek them out and love them even if they are covered in soot, living in an attic, wearing a ragged dress and only have mice as friends?

That's why this story never goes out of style.
Love stories matter.


2 comments:

Crystal Collier said...

I thought it was the fact that every woman wants a prince to come make her a wealthy princess, but that could just be me. ;) (Kidding. I'm totally kidding. But hey, there is a modicum of truth there.)

Wendy Christensen said...

Crystal,
A man with money has always been an attraction for many :)!! Adds to the magic of the story ...