Monday, April 09, 2007

Restore & Restyle …

{Restore}
To bring back into existence, use, or the like

When was the last time you embarked on a home beautification project? Has it been a while? My latest ‘restore & restyle’ event occurred last week (and has not stopped)! My husband and I decided it was time for a new kitchen window. This was no easy task as our home is over 70 years old… And this particular window was the original from when our home was first constructed. I was amazed at its craftsmanship - it had wires in it to help with opening and closing. The antique window also had doubles panes for safety and energy efficiency. Getting it out was NO easy task! Why did we get rid of such a window? It didn’t open anymore and the top pane was cracked.

Once we had the window out, I decided it would be a good time to paint the kitchen. So, I chose a very pretty olive green and painted all night. Why not? I found myself on a mission to make the room better! Have you ever had that happen? You start with one thing and find yourself in the mood to tackle even more? The kitchen looks wonderful and that little ‘restore & restyle’ project has sparked more R&R projects throughout the entire house!

PS:
I think we all have moments like that – we take something on and feel good about it (maybe it’s a new job, a new relationship, a new workout, a new friend, planting a garden, learning to paint, or putting in a new window) …Suddently, we find ourselves
going through our own ‘restore & restyle’ event. It’s like one little project or event inspires another and our lives begin to change and our spirits are restored and restyled.
Cheers to the little changes that occur in our lives - and the big ones too!
Feel free to check out my website:
Our moments matter -

No comments: