Thursday, April 12, 2007

Take me out to the ballgame ...

My son plays little league baseball (this is his first season and is in the minor B league). My brother-in-law and husband coach the team and I think we’re off to a GREAT season! Tonight was the first real game and I was asked to help in the concession stand. I enjoyed my experience tremendously! You serve a lot of people working in a place like that. And you get the ‘inside scoop’ on what’s popular to eat at baseball games. The must have item for the boys (playing in the league) … is the grape Big League Chewing gum! The older folks like the coffee and hot chocolate. The little kids love the licorice ropes and 10 cent stuff. What about the hotdogs? Those are the hit of the night!

I have to thank my sister-in-law, Kathy, for inviting me to help out. We laughed and enjoyed the time ‘in the food box’. PS: While I was busy dishing out nachos and salty pretzels, my son hit 3 times and (from what I was told) had a splendid game!

Cheers to America’s favorite game – Baseball. I have the feeling we’ll be spending many hours on the fields cheering for our little slugger … I look forward to it!

LET’S PLAY BALL!

No comments: