Sunday, October 25, 2015

Patience.


I taught a lesson in church today about patience.
I started by telling the young women a story from my life ... one that happened over 20 years ago. It was a challenging time as I had been in an accident that had caused me to go into a coma and I told them about the recovery involved. It was long and painful and full of questions and unknowns for the future.

I look back now with new eyes on that experience and see all the ways I grew and learned through that experience.

Patience makes us wise. It teaches us to appreciate. It helps us change and be better.

When you rush things, you don't let the natural process of life take it's course.

Patience. It matters.

I told the girls to wait on the Lord and let Him help them become the best version of them possible.
With Him, all things are possible.

All things. Even being run over by a motorcycle ...

I am grateful for the blessings of each new day and for the opportunity we have to become, learn and grow as we patiently endure life's trials and challenges.

The Lord is mindful. He is aware.

Wait upon Him.

No comments: