Thursday, August 21, 2008

{Thursday Actor Spotlight - Gerard Butler}

P.S. I love you - This movie was so touching. I'm a weeper and there was no holding back the tears on this one. I laughed too... which means the film was a favorite! Something wonderful about crying and laughing during the course of a show - cheers to raw emotion!

The Phantom of the Opera - I just discovered last night that the Phantom was played by Gerard Butler - that guy has talent! My Mom and I saw this film at the theater and loved it! After the show, we stopped for hot chocolate and pie so we could chat about the flick. Deep talks about this one!! The music was beyond beautiful and the film was equally as stunning. A while back, I had the soundtrack playing from this movie and both my sons (ages 12 & 10) were in my room in awe. I laughed when they exclaimed: "We want to download that music to our ipod!" - Ahhhh the power of the Phantom!


Nim's Island - My kids and I watched this movie last night. It was a tough sell - here we were in Blockbuster perusing the DVD choices and I grab Nim's Island. My son, Kaleb, was not too thrilled about it. He had his mind set on Batman Begins (he always wants that one - we've seen it many times!) I was not deviating from "Nim's" and told him he could watch the movie with us or go to bed. (Silence.) For the record, its one of our favorite family movies! We loved this film! The animals on the island are so funny and the actors (Abigail Breslin, Jodie Foster & Gerard Butler) really make the scenes exciting. If you are looking for a great family movie - grab this one and stick to your choice! The kids will love it - trust me. (PG).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gerard Butler is a gorgeous man and has been in many great movies. Did you see "300"??

Wendy Christensen said...

Anon, I have not seen 300 but have heard a lot about it! Last year for Halloween, a bunch of youth from our church went as warriors/fighters from this show and even did the workout to get ready!!