Monday, April 27, 2015

The color of butterfly wings ...


I had a very sweet experience today ... It involves a song, a missionary son (who is far away) and the tender mercy of the Lord.

I thought about my son all week - he was on my mind. I prayed for him and hoped that all was well. This is the first week I did not receive a letter via the mailbox - so I knew he must have been really busy.

last night, I felt impressed to blog about one of my favorite songs! It's a song I sang as a child at church and I often sang it to my children (when they were young - before they went to sleep).

I always liked the line in the song about the butterfly wings! :) (He did too!)
It brought back some fun memories of 'putting our kids to bed' and the nighttime songs ...

He gave me my eyes that I might see
The color of butterfly wings.
He gave me my ears that I might hear
The magical sound of things.
He gave me my life, my mind, my heart:
I thank him rev'rently
For all his creations, of which I'm a part.
Yes, I know Heav'nly Father loves me.

I sent my Missionary son an email this morning and felt impressed to share the lyrics above as part of the letter.

Here is the response I received from him this morning -

I was singing that song last night before bed! It is such a sweet song. I have honestly thought a lot about you too mom over the course of this journey. I think I just needed to leave before I could truly appreciate all that you do for me and all that you are. Thanks for being such an awesome mom. 

So sweet - it made me cry ... :)

Happy Monday - I hope you too, will see the hand of the Lord in your life today!
Our little moments matter ... especially to HIM.

Lyrics for I Know My Heavenly Father Loves Me


No comments: