Monday, September 24, 2007

1973

I was driving along this weekend and a great, new song by James Blunt came on the radio. The tune to this song is ultra catchy and I’ve been humming/singing it all weekend.
... Singing here we go again

Do you want this song stuck in your head too? OK click on the link below and sing along …. (1973 begins playing soon after you enter this site).
http://www.jamesblunt.com/

PS: I think I like this so much b/c it’s the year I was born … That and the song is fantastic!

Cheers to 1973 ladies and gentlemen!

Below are a few fun facts from that year:
#1 Song: “You’re So Vain” … Carly Simon
Popular Movies: Paper Moon, The Last Tango in Paris,
The Sound of Music (reissue) and American Graffiti
Most popular fiction book: "Jonathan Livingston Seagull" ... Richard Bach. (Macmillan)
Most popular nonfiction book: "The Living Bible" ... Kenneth Taylor.
(Doubleday and Tyndale House)
Most popular Television Show: All in the Family (CBS)

PS:
"Johnathan Livingston Seagull" -If you have not read this book (please read it)!!
You can read the entire book via this site:
An exceprt from the book that made Richard Bach ultra famous -
And though he tried to look properly severe for his students, Fletcher Seagull suddenly saw them all as they really were, just for a moment, and he more than liked, he loved what he saw. No limits, Jonathan? he thought, and he smiled.
His race to learn had begun.
1973
**************

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read that book many years ago and loved it. Thanks for reminding me of it's powerful message. I love your blog -