Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Halloween Trick-or-Treat bag Instructions/Ideas ...
meow / cat bag ...
(for my daughter who loves to pretend to be a cat) :)

Ghost bag ... the tombstone says: R.I.P
(for my oldest son who wanted something a little scary)

Pumpkin bag
(for my youngest son who just wanted something happy)

Easy Felt Trick-or-Treat bag -

Supplies needed:
2 felt squares (can be matching colors or different)
Shapes for the bag (ghost, cat, pumpkin …)
Let your kids draw their own shapes ... they love it!
Felt squares for the shapes (I used different colors than the ones for the bag)
Ribbon for handle
Buttons for embellishments
Sewing machine


Step 1:
Cut your desired shape (cat, pumpkin, ghost …) out of the felt pieces that are going to be sewn to the felt that will be the bag. Then hand stitch the shape to the front of the bag. Kids can help with this part!

Sew a button to the front of the bag – for embellishment.

Step 2:
Use a decorative stitch and sew around the sides and bottom of the two felt pieces.
I just sewed them together. Back to back … I like the stitch showing on the front of the bag.

Step 3:
Sew the ribbon to the top of the bag for the handle.

Ta-dah - its spooktacular!!
:)


Created in 2006 by Wendy Christensen & her kids ...!
Feel free to use the idea and have some special Halloween
moments at your home ...

No comments: