Monday, June 30, 2008

The drive to the ocean was beautiful … How did we spend the miles? The kids watched a couple of movies, I read and we played ‘name that TV tune.’ My husband had a collection on his ipod of famous TV theme songs (there must have been an option on iTunes called – TV theme songs) b/c I have no idea how he had so many! :) I didn’t grow up on TV (we didn’t have one). So I was thrilled with the ones I did get right – The Flinstones, The Brady Bunch, Gilligan’s Island, The Adams Family and Bewitched. It was wonderful to finally arrive at the ocean. Our sons – Kade & Kaleb couldn’t wait to run in the waves and hunt for crabs. (See photo above).

North Head Lighthouse

North Head Lighthouse – Our entire family went up inside this lighthouse. Viewing the ocean from the top of a lighthouse is beyond words…. If you ever get the chance, take a lighthouse tour!


A sand castle by the sea :) ...
The sand – We had gorgeous weather and soaked up a lot of sun! We played in the sand and hunted for sand dollars. We built a sandcastle and a mermaid on the beach …. It was so relaxing!!

Lauren and Wendy - Hat shopping along the ocean


Hat shops – There are many hat shops along the sea… Its family tradition for us to stop in as many as possible and try on hats!

Cheers to summer and the trips that make them memorable.

10 comments:

Vladi Du Kavako said...

Muito bacana Gostei muito!!!!

Um abraço Amigo

Sara said...

Great Beach pics, I love the sand castle.

NaDell said...

We had a game at a friend's baby shower that we played that was guessing tv and movie themes. They had them on the computer (like 50 of them). It was fun, but way too long! They should have weeded out the ones that didn't fit. Plus, it wasn't the best for a baby shower either....Maybe a game at just a birthday party or something.

Fun beach pictures!

Jayci said...

Fun trip!! That lighthouse looks so romantic and I bet the view was beautiful! Hats are a lot of fun to try on! :) Glad you had such a nice time. Sounds relaxing, and that tv-theme song game sounds like one i see in my future! I think I'll look some up!

Wendy Christensen said...

Nadell, I am NOT a fan of games at baby showers. :) I think you should just get together and chit chat, eat yummy food and let the MOM-to-be open her gifts - then call it good. Simple, fun and no games! OK off my 'shower soap box' ...

Alyson | New England Living said...

What a wonderful trip! Love it! I also love the family tradition of trying on hats. How funny!

Wendy Christensen said...

Jayci, the lighthouse is ultra romantic!! The stairs to climb up it are really long and thin (one person at a time) ... And then once inside the view is breathtaking. People can rent the lighthouse and get married there ... Neat huh? As for the TV-theme game - it was FUN. Let me know how it goes!! I still have the Gilligan's theme in my mind ...

Jennie Stanfield said...

How fun Wendy! I'm so glad you guys had such a nice trip. I am just packing like mad here every day...we move in about two weeks--pure craziness. I hope all is going well there. Love you!

Wendy Christensen said...

Alyson - the hat tradition is a lot of fun!! We laugh really hard when we are all standing there as hamburgers, crabs, mad crows and little pink pigs. It's good times! jennie, good luck with the packing - I'm there with you (in spirit)!!

idahomayos said...

Cheers to summer vacations and family togetherness!!! Priceless :)