Monday, October 16, 2006



Can you paint with all the colors of the wind?


Do you ever wake up and wonder ... Hmmm what will the weather be like today? I do that every now and again! And today was especially interesting because Mother Nature couldn’t decide what to do. There were patches of dark grey clouds in the sky mixed with bright blue clouds. In addition to the blue and grey, there was sunshine breaking through and gushes of wind and splashes of rain. It felt like Mother Nature was holding open her weather pallet. And it was truly amazing … the backdrop was sprinkled with fall’s vibrant shades of red, orange, yellow and brown. She was truly painting with all the colors of the wind!

I must say, today was an absolutely beautiful day! It reminded me of the song from Disney’s ‘Pocahontas’ … remember it? Below are a few lines to help jog your memory.

You think you own whatever land you land on
The Earth is just a dead thing you can claim
But I know every rock and tree and creature
Has a life, has a spirit, has a name

You think the only people who are people
Are the people who look and think like you
But if you walk the footsteps of a stranger
You'll learn things you never knew you never knew

I love that song! And crazy weather days like today remind me that all the creatures on the Earth are different and unique and that to fully understand each other, we must walk in each other’s footsteps. I am thankful for days like today so I can understand the earth better and appreciate the seasons that come and go.

Cheers to the wind and the colors of fall… and to learning things we never knew…

I hope you take this little moment to look outside and appreciate the beauty of THIS day…



No comments: