Monday, July 21, 2008

We’re making progress …

Do you have phrases you say out loud that help you stay on track and keep you motivated? I have a few of them and sometimes, I forget that I’m using them. They just fill the air …And today I saw first hand how the words we use have an impact on those around us.
My daughter was working on a project and all of a sudden I heard her stop, put down her pen and say (with bold confidence): “We’re making progress!”

I had to smile as I glanced over at her and I replied: “Yes … WE are!”

It was a great little moment. What are we working on you ask??! It has something to do with onions and a trip to Walla Walla Washington....
Stay tuned and I'll blog it about it after our return!!
Thats all for now folks - KEEP making progress!!:)

5 comments:

Sara said...

Progress is slow at times but it can get the job done. I love the saying you use. Great!

Alyson | New England Living said...

Looks like all your positive thinking has had an impact on your daughter. Awesome!

Wendy Christensen said...

The positive thinking is powerful and then putting them out into the world via our out loud words/phrases does wonders! :)

Rebecca Hickman said...

Are you a fan of Norman Vincent Peale?

Wendy Christensen said...

Rebecca - Yes! I love his stuff :) Sooooooo positive. Truthly, I love anything that motivates, inspires.