Thursday, August 30, 2012

Stop and Look!



{Yaquina Head Lighthouse}
 
{Whale Watching}
 
 
Earlier this month, we made a trip to the Oregon Coast. As part of our time there, we spent a morning visiting the Yaquina Head Lighthouse. As we were running back to our car (to warm up) - I heard an elderly man's voice shout: "Look! The whales!"

Forget about getting warm. I have always wanted to see a whale out to sea ... I ran back to the man and asked where I could see them and he told me something that will stay with me for a long time.

"People never stop to look - you can usually always see the whales if you just stop and look!"

So we did. We stopped and we watched as the whales did their whale 'dancing' in the sea and enjoyed the magic of the moment!

As we were driving away from that beautiful lighthouse and the dancing whales, I made a little mental note to myself -

"Wendy: Always remember to stop. Look. And BE amazed at the miracles around you!"

No comments: