Monday, March 26, 2007

WARNING: Lovers Ahead …

I absolutely love taking road trips. There is something wonderful about hitting the open road and enjoying the miles from the seat of a car. Over the years, I’ve enjoyed the various road signs that pop up along the journey. I’ve laughed several times at random road signs and sayings… Someday, I hope to make a road trip across the United States and fill my vehicle with traveling treasures. I just had an idea – I think I’ll plaster the outside of my car with magnets … Can you picture it? Me too! If you happen to be driving down the road and see a car plastered with magnets from around the country – feel free to honk. It’s probably me!

Back to the road signs, I have to say my favorite road sign (thus far) was one I saw in Virginia! What did it say? Kiss and Ride. Isn’t that romantic? They have special lanes just for lovers! You get in the ‘lover’ lane and put the car in neutral – then you get out of the car and kiss (in this designated kiss and ride spot) and then one of the lovers goes his/her separate way and the other lover drives off. Very cool! I think every state needs a kiss and ride lane …!!

Fast Fact -
The state of Virginia has a slogan …What is it?
Virginia is for lovers. That savvy slogan has done wonders for lovers and tourism.

For more information, feel free to check out the link below -
http://www.vatc.org/pr/factslogan.htm
Virginia is for Lovers ...

No comments: