Sunday, August 26, 2007

The power of LOVE …

Yesterday we had a birthday party for our daughter. It was a simple party filled with people we love! We met at Yellow Park (our children name the parks in our town after whatever color it is) and played pin the crown on the angel, ate cupcakes with white frosting and hot pink sprinkles and enjoyed the perfect weather. As we were setting up for the party, my Mother-in-law handed me a little bag and said:
“This is just a little gift for you!”

Inside was a CD called: "Awake" by Josh Groban....I love his music/voice!
I’ve had it on most of the day … There is one song that just really touched my spirit.
It’s called: “Don’t Give Up (You Are Loved)”

Below are a few of the lyrics -

Don’t give up It’s just the weight of the world When your heart’s heavy, I will lift it for you
Don’t give up Because you want to be heard If silence keeps you, I will break it for you Everybody wants to be understood Well I can hear you Everybody wants to be loved
Don’t give up Because you are loved
That's inspiring!!
The message in that song is powerful and one that I try to express in everything I write and create! I think sometimes we underestimate the power of LOVE and how it gives us wings
to do and become. And helps lift the weight of the world around us ...

This week, slow down and take a moment to appreciate the love that surrounds you.
And pay attention to the love that you radiate ….

(Thanks Gwen – for the beautiful CD)

No comments: