Saturday, January 21, 2012

3 Relationship Tips ...



TIP 1: Respect Matters.

Background: Randomly at night as I am driving kids to and fro, I’ll catch bits and pieces of the John Tesh Radio Show. I can honestly say that his tag line ‘Intelligence for your life’ is true. I always learn something. I just now visited his website and was surprised to see that he is blonde. For some reason I picture him with dark hair. OK back to the tip.

One night he was talking about relationships and the number one thing that
makes them last. It’s not money, looks or even attraction. The number one factor (drum roll please) is RESPECT.

I’ve thought about that little nugget of info and totally agree.

TIP 2: Color can set the ‘love’ mood -

Background: I love the Better Homes and Gardens website. I get so much inspiration from their decorating tips and ideas. One day, as I was surfing their smattering of décor ideas and photos – I bumped into a little segment on romantic bedrooms. Oh la la la – I bumped into tip number 2.

Blue in a bedroom makes it more romantic. Blue it is. Can you guess what color made an appearance in my room? Yup, blue.

Tip 3: The storm stops at the door.

Background: One day, I picked my daughter up from a friend’s house and was
moved by the wood sign outside the front door. It said: The storm stops at the
door.

Our homes are special places that should be filled with peace, love and positive energy. Relationships need a safe place to flourish and grow!

The ‘storms of life’ can be left outside – this allows the good stuff to bloom
inside and opens a platform for better communication! When there is positive
energy in the home, there can be positive feelings and relationships!

What tips have you bumped into lately?!

1 comment:

NaDell said...

Great tips!
I love Jessica's sign on her door too! It's fabulous because it makes whoever comes to the door think about what they are going to say inside their house.
(I always picture John Tesh having dark hair too!)