Thursday, January 05, 2012

Goodbye Dark Clouds - Hello Mt. Rainier!

(Leaving the clouds behind ...)
(From the plane - looking down at Mt. Rainier)

November and December have been quite gray this year. We had an air stagnation problem and the dark, gloomy fog and clouds hovered for weeks! Then my husband and I took a trip to LA for the Biggest Loser Finale and it dawned on me how ‘dark’ the days had been.

When did it hit me? While I was in a little airplane flying above the clouds and as we lifted higher and higher, we eventually broke through the cloud barrier and into the blinding, beautiful sunshine! My spirits lifted with the brightness of the sun! And to my surprise, I looked down (via the tiny window) and found myself staring at Mt. Rainier. It was a great moment!

And it helped me appreciate the opposition we face in life. Some days can be stagnant (with dark clouds) and some days are ultra sunny with beautiful moments and views. I’ve decided that the important thing is our reaction to each and every day. Our focus and our desire to see the good in the dark and light – is what matters and makes all the difference. Looking down at Mt. Rainier reminded me that as we climb higher – we leave the ‘dark’ behind! :)

Today: The sun is shining! I’m off to appreciate it and make the MOST of it!

1 comment:

NaDell said...

That is so true. It's hard to be positive all the time, but it's when people don't even seem to try that bugs me. Thanks for the great thoughts!