Friday, March 14, 2008


{Weekly Rewind}
A note from the Director/Executive Producer

Top 3 list of great moments this week –
(Commentary added for additional insight)
1.
This is Miss Wendy your Substitute Teacher
On Thursday, I had the opportunity to sub at my daughter’s preschool. One of the teachers went home sick so they called and asked me to fill in (not in my daughter’s class). I was able to meet 20 new kids who became instant friends. I went home with 2 adorable pictures from students – a heart and a rainbow. Special thanks to the kids who gave me lots of hugs, made me a (pretend) picnic lunch and for the invigorating game of ‘duck duck goose’ ….



2.
Mom, can I take you to lunch? -

My son Kaleb, was out of school earlier this week due to teacher/parent conferences so we had some time to hang out. His one request was to take me out to lunch to Dairy Queen for a shrimp basket. (He and I both love shrimp). So, on Wednesday … we went out! When it was time to pay, he dropped $5.00 in quarters, dimes and nickels onto the counter!
So suave and savvy - he’s my little Romeo!
3.
Slurping down the Shamrock Shake –
Monday, I drove by McDonalds and noticed the reader board alerting us drive-buyers that the shamrock shakes were NOW HERE. Did I get one? Yes, in fact the entire family got one! Those green drinks are beyond M’M’ Good! Get one.
Feel free to rewind and share your top 3 GREAT moments from the week!

6 comments:

Alyson | New England Living said...

Wht a great post! It's good to look back on your week and pick out your favorite moments. I'll have to try it out soon. By the way, your son sounds like such a sweetheart!

Alyson | New England Living said...

I hope you don't mind - I added you to my friends' list!

The 4 Martells said...

I would have to say my 3 favorite moments were 1) Seeing all the different leprechaun projects, 2) swimming for FHE, 3)helping for centers in Trenton's class. Thanks for reminding me of my favorite things.

Wendy Christensen said...

Alyson ... Thanks for adding me to your 'friends' list :) (I don't mind). Holli, those are great moments! I enjoyed seeing all the leprechaun traps too (it was a display of imagination in action).

Rebecca Hickman said...

What a great week you had!

Wendy Christensen said...

Alyson ... Kaleb is a sweetheart. I can't imagine what my life would be like without him (or any of my children for that matter!) :)