Monday, October 12, 2009

Slow down and enjoy the 'puddle' moments!

Have you been busy lately? Maybe you’ve been beyond busy – (in case you are wondering) the beyond busy times are the times you don’t have time to slow down and even talk about how busy you are. I believe there are sometimes in our lives that are like that. There are the beyond busy days. And on those days or weeks or sometimes months we find ourselves thinking thoughts like this – Why did I say yes to so many things? How did I get this busy? I never dreamed it possible to have this kind of schedule. And the thoughts go on.

I found myself in one of those beyond busy day thought moments (I was driving) and just before I reached home I saw a beautiful sight that caused me to slow down (almost to a stop).
There on the corner just before my house was an adorable bird splashing and playing in a puddle. I started to laugh and couldn’t believe how much fun the bird was having in that puddle. It was if that creature had just found bird heaven and couldn’t get enough of it.

Thanks to that little moment, I was reminded of the need and importance of finding the ‘puddles’ in our everyday lives that can add so much fun, renewal and energy to our days. The puddles are all around us – we just need to slow down to recognize and enjoy them!
As soon as I reached home, I grabbed a piece of paper and wrote: Slow down and enjoy the ‘puddle’ moments!

Don’t you love the little things around us (like a bird splashing in a puddle) that help remind us to enjoy life and all it has to offer? They are real – just like the busy days and it feels good to know that we can choose to slow down and splash, laugh, dance and even write ourselves a reminder note if we want.

Cheers to the little moments that matter and puddles along the way…

2 comments:

Sleepydumpling said...

Sage advice - I love puddle moments, if only I would take the time more often to enjoy them.

Here's to puddle moments, abundant in our lives.

Kylene said...

Lovely little post Wendy. I will watch for the puddles today.