Friday, September 20, 2013

It takes time ...


What to write about? I keep looking at this blog thinking … “I need to post something”
And nothing comes to mind so I decided to write about nothing. Just free write. Whatever flows out is what I’ll share. Fair enough?

First, I really don’t like unpacking boxes. We recently moved and finding a new place for everything zaps my energy and enthusiasm. It’s not something I naturally excel at. If you enjoy moving and packing and unpacking – please share your tips.

Second, I am really enjoying this beautiful fall weather.

Third, my father-in-law’s headstone is now at his graveside. I stopped by this morning to see it and pay respects. He died in June. Tonight is the first home football game for the high school. I used to always sit with him at the games. I just could not go without him tonight. 

Fourth, I know that stuff takes time. It takes time to pack and unpack. It takes time for the spring and summer to turn to fall. And it takes time to let someone go and move on.

There will be other games with popcorn and lights.

I think I’ll find another box to unpack, pull out my favorite pink blanket from college days and make a mug of hot chocolate.

Cheers to Friday night games in the fall and sharing popcorn with someone you love! 

No comments: