Saturday, January 14, 2017

Inspiration from Rocky - Touch 'Em Up





My husband is a HUGE Rocky fan. When I met him, I had never seen a Rocky movie ... (to his complete shock - how could I have missed the "Rocky" movies?) Honestly, when I met him I'd seen maybe 10 movies in my life! Crazy right? I didn't grow up with a TV in my house and entertainment was not a high priority (movies that is).


So, he made sure on date nights I got Rocky educated. The first ROCKY was awesome. I couldn't believe I had lived without seeing it. It's a love story. I'm a fan of love stories. This one was especially endearing to me!

"Yo, Adrian"
The turtles
The ice skating rink date
Eye of the Tiger
The list goes on ...

I was hooked. And I've seen all the Rocky movies (several times). I'm now a huge fan too.

In addition to having a great love story, it's a great motivational series. This guy never quits. He never gives up and all the while, he chooses to make a difference.

I couldn't sleep last night so I put on "Rocky Balboa" - That movie makes me cry every time I see it.
He's still got stuff in the 'basement' and so he decides to fight again. Adrian is gone but he has a restaurant in her name. This film has great dialogue and a moving plot with some funny lines! I love his desire to have a relationship with his son and the speech he gives him out on the street is one of my favorite "Rocky" moments ever. Well done. Its one I don't mind losing sleep over. I stayed up until 1:15 am just to see the final credits roll and see him leave the roses on Adrian's grave. (Like I said earlier, I'm a sap for love stories).

It's a great series - lots of hyped up fights and ego moments highlighted with great music and a man who knows how to love and isn't afraid to 'touch 'em up' and unleash the "stuff in the basement."

It's a great reminder to 'touch 'em up' everyday and go the distance. - meet the challenges head on. Face them with confidence and passion.

After all, nothing hits harder than life.
And the winning is done as we keep moving forward!

Cheers to love stories, turtles and facing challenges 'toe to toe' -

No comments: